Active Assets

I received an e-mail today from Matt Palmer from Active Assets. He say's I was referred to him by a lender and wants me to reply with my phone number. It anyone dealing with this company, It sounds fishy since the e-mail did not have a logo or heading like a normal company would have?

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I actually paid the $300 to an Adam of Active Assets about 1 month ago. It was called a "Retainer Fee" that would be reimbursed at closing. I did the BPO that day and submitted it online. I created and completed my online registration including my coverage area, etc. Pending the BPO review I had been in contact with Adam off and on about providing him a map of my service area to include cities since their outfit is in New York, NY. I finished and sent it yesterday. Today I received a call from him with "good news" that the review dept approved my evaluation and immediately gave me three (3) more assets. Of course, i had to pay $900 ($300 for each order), which took my by surprise as it was a tough pill to swallow, especially after all the hoopla over our newly forged business relationship, etc., but I did pay it reluctantly. So after our conversation, I immediately, researched the addresses for same day BPO and one of them showed as recently sold 8/19/19... a month ago!! It was an REO sale. So, I thought could these guys be scouring the tax data for NTS and "selling" them? I mean, the new owner had not yet paid his first month's mortgage payment... "how could this be?" I thought! So I emailed Adam the MLS and Tax Data and called him. He seemed distracted but his attention was quickly absorbed by my comment. He apologized and gave me a replacement address, but it was his verbiage that sounded false. Talking about how moving forward with the expectancy of obtaining "big volume from lenders, it's normal to get a few mix-ups here and there" - but we had just begun! So, his whole rhetoric suddenly sounded improper in light of this event. I've been doing BPOs for 5 years now and there is a reliable consistency of protocol that I figure would be similar with REO accounts. He simply sounded wrong. Nevertheless, I went along with him, not wanting to raise an issue but I did call my bank to cancel the payment. The bank rep explained the transaction was still pending and had to wait a business day until the process was complete before the bank could replenish my account the whole $900. Also, on the first $300 hit, I used my credit union account and also being leery, called to make sure if in the event this transaction proved to be a scam, I could get my money back. It was confirmed. So, I'm not going to cancel that first charge with CU until I see what happens. I know I'm covered. Now, my mind is riddled with "what if" syndrome. 'What if it is legitimate and a new way of doing business and after this sneak-cancellation, I lose a potentially great client?" But I have to go with my gut. I will post the end result. I hope this helps someone.

• I recvd the same thing in an email- The asset manager was Adam in my case- after a flimsy "interview" he wanted me to pay him 300.00 and he accepts all credit cards. I said I needed to check this out as Ive never been asked for money from an asset manager..... Then I checked the listing he offered me... it hasnt even been charged a lis pends...... I say SCAMMMMM.

In 22 yrs as reo agent- Ive never paid an asset manager..... up front...... hmmmmmm

• Anyone that says they were referred by someone with no name is phishing.  For what, who knows.  If they have your email address, they most likely have another way of getting your phone number. I also generally do not respond to email without phone numbers, mailing address, etc.

This reply was deleted.