REOPro Default Professionals

America's Largest Social Network for Default Real Estate Professionals

http://reopro.ning.com/page/buyer-direct

Are You Still Generating Good Income from BPO's and REO's?

Hey Ya'll

I just got my brokers license here in Texas and ventured off on my own, at my previous company I acquired distressed homes for a company with majority of them being REOs. Just wanted to see if it still worth trying to get into the REO business? Here in San Antonio there is about 6 agents that pretty much have it all locked down and have been doing them for years. 

Ive signed up for 15 or so valuation companies to start doing BPO's, have only got one assignment emailed to me but was quickly taken by another agent. Please give me your thoughts/advice I would really appreciate it.

Views: 1866

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Study how Alt-Option Arms work.  And the time frames associated with them.

Alt-Option Arms were used by people who could not possibly afford the homes 

that they bought in the belief that they could flip them in 6 months for a $100K 

profit.  These are higher quality homes than the hovels that defined the industry 

in 2010.  Now these people who were left without a seat when the music stopped 

(Because in FL we are a judicial state and it takes anywhere for 24-60 months 

to foreclose) IMHO we are about to see the second wave.  Regular people who 

bought homes for themselves are finally coming out of being under water.

The speculators who got loans where the payments were less than the interest 

per month (yes that means the balance of their loans was increasing each month 

as the value of the properties tanked are seeing their payments go from $900 per 

month to $5,000 overnight.  Study the difference between an interest rate resetting 

and and Alt-Option Arm Recasting.  It will be a REAL eyeopener for a lot of agents.

It all depends on where you live.  I am in Texas and our BPOs and REO's are drying up.  I get a few REO's  but not many.  Some of the BPO companies pay $15..really?  Not gonna do it.  HUD is drying up as well,  I have been a HUD agent and there are only about 215 HUDs in the entire state.  Our housing costs have drastically increased so no one is really under water any more.  If Dodd-Frank is repealed, who knows what may happen...

RSS

Send Invitations

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

© 2017   Created by Jesus (Jesse) Gonzalez.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service