A colleague of our's! Be very carful!WESTCHESTER, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators await autopsy results on thebody of a realtor found murdered in Westchester. Family members say thefather of five was stabbed to death. Another agent showing prospectivebuyers a foreclosed home discovered the body on the 8900 block of KittyhawkAvenue on Saturday night. They said Contreras had been a real estate agentfor 25 years. It's believed that he was stabbed to death, but police havenot confirmed that information. Family members said Contreras had anappointment to show a foreclosed home to prospective buyers on Tuesday, buthe never returned home that night. "You're going out showing houses, andworking, trying to make a living, especially in this economy, and somehowthis can happen to you?" said Oscar Mireles, the victim's nephew. Neighborssaid his white Toyota had been seen parked outside the home for severaldays.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I never go to any houses alone, I take another agent, friend, locksmith or family member.......be careful!

My prayers to this poor family.
  • My deepest sympathies go out to the family...

I'll be honest with you guys, I have to go into REOs in the worst parts of Phoenix and I often wonder if there isn't some drugged up freak or killer in the home. Kind of scary for us agents these days.

I have refused to go into 2 homes that were so full of trash and smelled so bad you could barely see into the homes.

Be careful you guys!

My prayers go out to the family..

God bless, Mark
    • My prayers go out to his family.
  • Ahhh This is a sad. My prayers go out to the family and friends and clients of this Agent.
  • Scary - every few years, you see a rash of this stuff.
  • My words can't express enough just how vial this is. My heart goes out to this family and I hope and pray they find peace. Stay safe friends, it's a cruel and crazy world.
  • Ricardo Contreras leaves behind 5 kids the youngest being a set of 3 year old twins and his wife Marlene.The Contreras family being left with limited resources for the pending services has asked for assistance. If you wish to contribute to the Contreras family please make all checks payable to "Marlene Contreras".Contributions may be dropped off or mailed to Rancho Southeast Association Of Realtors (RSAOR), 11812 South St., Ste.200, Cerritos, 90703.
This reply was deleted.