I was contacted by Altisource/Ocwen some time ago as they needed more REO brokers for an increase in listings (I see they are now getting the properties I used to get from power REO) however the only requests I get are for bpos for $40.00 minus $1 for using the website! I did 1 but found it took far too long as they want previous history on ALL comps. Obviously some brokers are doing these. Just wondering how long it takes to do a report as it seems a lot of work for the fee to me. Also no listings todate.  Valuation vision lite orders are also too time consuming for the fee, and main street property inspections for $20 are not worth doing either as they are more involved than just uploading photos and making comments on condition etc. LPS are also adding extra requirements for uploading mls sheets which is time consuming but no increase in fee. Thoughts?                                                                                                                                          

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "Not as elegant"
  • Thankfully I learnt that you do NOT need to rely on third party software or pay any automation company to create your own auto form filler while my scripts might be as elegant as the buy and pay me forever guys I do 99% of my form fill without paying anyone a dime ask me how it's time we put the vultures out of business
    • OK so how do we put these firms on hold? 

• With one of the keys to being successful in this niche market being needing to do volume, this company is one of my Top 5 BPO Mills to do business with. They have historically had large volumes of orders, scattered across this fine nation we get to call home.

When a company drops their fee that they offer to have a BPO report completed, it means that this decrease started from the top and it trickles on down. Clients pay BPO Mills less because they have a few handfuls of choices of companies that they can give their work to, thus the BPO mills tries to stay competitive. This has been happening since the creation of a BPO report.

One other main key to success and being able to thrive in this side of real estate is having systems and tools in place, like BPO automation software so that you can easily accept a lower fee because it takes you less time to complete the order. With quicker turnaround times, your score should increase, thus you get more orders and because the volume increases, you will be in a position to see your business soar!
    • What a crock I wonder which BPO company you work for. Just because you accept a BPO automatically it still take as much time to visit the property, take photos, do the research and fill out the form. Anyone is welcome to work for nothing but it makes it difficult for all the other agents trying to sale property for a living and doing BPOs for a little extra income.

• Quit while you are ahead....if you work for them either you do not value your time or you are just plain crazy.  I dropped them years ago....

• I completed BPO's for Altisource for 6years and never received the first REO assignment. I can promise you that you can send emails and make phone calls until your blue in the face and will never speak to an American NOR find anyone who cares about becoming a listing agent for them. Working for them only suppressed my real estate career!!

• you are so right, they refuse to clean out or fix up , most of all they speak no English that anyone dan understand.  When their offices were in Florid they were a pleasure to work with.  They fired everyone and closed up shop and went to India.  I dropped them like a hot potato....

• I worked for Ocwen/Altisource for several years and was paid  $60-75 for BPO's and if they were a long distance from my office more,  they decided they were paying too much went to $40 with the $1.00 deduction. I said, GOO BYE AND GOODLUCK.  There are agents who do not do much business, that will grab the $40.00 because they need some income. My time is too valuable, I now charge 100-150 and I get business..

• I stopped doing for some of the Bpo companies because they require so much and don't pay any higher. My broker gets 20%.

This reply was deleted.