REOPro - Real Estate Default Professionals

America's Largest Social Network for Default Real Estate Professionals

I need to serve a CFK in a man gated community. I showed the guard all the paperwork, he called the owner. Of course he would not le me in. Any idea how to speed this up??

Views: 439

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there a listing in the community? You can gain access by saying you are showing the listing. Does your client have CT to the property you are trying to get to? What state are you in? Message me.

I'd consult with the local police or sheriff department for starters and see if they can give you some guidance.   I don't remember if I had the same problem initially but a particular owner was thousands of dollars behind in HOA fees and a pain in the ... so the guard and HOA management just let me through eventually.   This particular gated community lets me through for drive by and interior BPOs.

I'd also leave the paperwork with the guard to deliver. The guard should have given you a contact for the  HOA management as well.

Police are not getting involved in Florida unless it's an eviction. I do this day in and day out, if the client has ct to the property she represents the owner. Claim you are showing another property in the community and post the property. The HOA thing is a good idea, well sometimes. They may just let you in if you explain the circumstances.

I can give you a couple of tricks that I have used. You can always watch the gate and time it to see if it is possible for you to drive thru right behind a car that gains entry before you (provided there is no guard on duty). Also, you can call an agent that had a prior listing in the community and ask them for the gate code. Hope this helps.

You have to go back to the company and inform them that the property is in a guard gated community. That it is not possible to serve a homeowner a CFK. As someone in this discussion had mentioned about following someone in or calling a listing agent for a gate code, if this property is in Calififornia you had better not do that. If you were to you could be arrested for trespassing by the person who you are trying to serve or by anyone else within the gated community.

I have previously contacted the HOA directly, and assuming there is one here that might be a way to go.  I did gain access to the home to deliver CFK docs by calling the HOA and informing them I represented the new owner and I was required by the new owner to deliver documents to the home.

Advise the client ASAP. Registered or certified mail, return receipt requested is another way to deliver it. That shows the client you have tried all means possible.

An occupant isn't interested in CFK? I can see having a difficult time getting a KYO in to a gated development... but in my experience, once I tell them I have money for them, they become the most cooperative people on the planet.

Thank you for the feedback. Pulling a vacant property works for BPO pictures but doing a CFK can really land you in hot water with the cops. Spoke to the management company, they want a CT and a letter from the bank stating that we are the listing agent. Once we have received both documents we will email them to the HOA and get access. In the meantime the eviction is ongoing and the cash offer will be cut way back. So the tenant is loosing out.

Sounds like it.

Have you communicated with the tenant that they are on the losing end of this? I would think that might light a fire under their bums.

Good luck!

I have contacted the condo or hoa (when it is a condo bldg with no access) and sometimes they provide access to post KYO, other times, i have to wait for CT and then they will provide access to post.  I also always send via mail as well and sometimes the occupant will contact me from the mail without actually going to their door.  Good luck !!!


I suggested this to on of our clients and it works every time One of brokers creates one of those checks that the auto dealers send you with the CFK amount doubled......He then stamps "stop payment on it"....He then....


1. Do you just need a face to face...? this will work

2. Do you want him to sign a CFK without doing any hard work or followup?..- this aint it..

Joey Singh
Business Development 

1 212 801 2390 Office Ext 888
1 516 881 0126 Direct Operations Floor Line
1 800 931-6122 Fax
1 917 859 4400 Cell     


© 2020   Created by Jesus (Jesse) Gonzalez.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service