NRBA Membership

I am interested in joining NRBA. Can anyone please give me their opinions about the association. I am very excited about it and I would like to know if it will be money well spent.Thanks in anticipation.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was just at a Sell State presentation where the president of NRBA spoke for over an hour and he implied that if you became a Sell state agency your chances of membership in NRBA might somehow magically improve. No guarantees, I absolve myself of any responsibility for saying that, but it seemed pretty clear to many of us at the seminar... Otherwise it's the usual spiel of "we can only have a certain number of agents per county and your county is full"
  • It took me a while but I finally got in too. I do like what I've seen so far and the willingness of the members to share with you is well worth it.
    • Netta,
      When did you get in and how long did it take?
      Mike L.
  • I have been with the NRBA for 8 years now. Best move I ever made. Money will be well spent. The application process is long. But for a couple of good reasons. One, we get hundreds a month. Sometimes, after a major conference, like REOMAC, we can hit a thousand for that month!! Two, we just don't let anyone in, plain and simple. We want experienced Brokers/Agents who know what they are doing. So we truly investigate you. We all make very good money and we want to protect our reputation. As you can see from the others that have posted here, we have a very good one!

But don't loose hope. If you are good, and we are not saturated in that area, you should get in. Yes, referrals do work, but someone cannot just "let you in". If you don't hear from us in 6 months send an email. It can't hurt and good luck!

Regards, KIRB
    • Joe, I live in a small town in Dade City Florida and know that My area is not saturated as myself and my business partner do the majority of the REO listings here with the acception of a couple who are from 3 counties away (won't go there) but I would love to become a member of NRBA and since you said you just do not let anyone in how can I find out if my area is still open so that I can become a member. I have applied and same as everyone else, please hold. Any information would be greatly appreciated to barbgude@aol.com
      Thank you,
    • Is it worth filling out an application if you have never listed REO's? I have sold over 30 last year and 25 the year before last, but not listed.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Troy Sage
      • Troy, while you should be commended for your work and efforts on the sale side of the REO's; what everyone is looking for is your results on the list side. What I would recommend is that you sign up with some of the noteable REO companies and get establised as a listing REO Broker. Then, once you have settled several of those assets, apply. That will give you a well rounded position to work from. Give it some time, become successful, and the NRBA would be proud to have you as a member. Hope this helped. Regards. KIRB
        • Good morning Joe. I am a real estate agent in Massachusetts, and currently do a lot of listings for PAS/Wells Fargo Bank. I will be happy in you can give me some advise on joining the NRBA group.
          Thank you in advance.
          • Guy, I've been waiting for about 4 months and will be hapy to get some advise from you. mariannami@johnlscott.com
            Vitaliy M.
  • I just joined. I applied a year ago and got accepted.

They give you contacts and they have a private message board where members share good information.

so far, so good.

Proud to say I finally got in!!!

Sarah Lin
    Broker
This reply was deleted.