REO in 2016

Hello Everyone 

I worked with another broker for 8 years doing REO properties and we sold over 1000 properties in VA, DC, and MD.  In the last year the company I worked with became much less REO focused and I went out and took over another firm as principal broker an owner.  

I have had to sign up with or at least try to sign up with new accounts for REO listings.  Since my last partners had most of the accounts in her name it is proving to be very difficult getting my foot back in door.  

Can anyone provide any tips?  I am a FORCE member and plan on attending every REO convention for 2016.  Any direction of advice would be appreciated.  I plan on doing REO the remainder of my career along with retail transactions. 

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have you called the old asset managers that you worked with under the other Broker?  This business is all about relationships, I would try their first....even if you ask for a hard to sell property, just to show what you can do for them?

Abundant blessings and I hope you get some of those listings back.

• Sorry Jeff but the parties over for a while. Just hang in there and it will return. About a nine year cycle.

• REO will always be around but not in the volume it has been for the last 10 years.

I would suggest you register your current info with the companies you had good experience with. Follow up by calling them.

Register with free sites. Present your case personally when possible. After stating these obvious points, I must say you seem to have a high tolerance for adverse working environments. Good luck.

• These are all great suggestions.

• You did not say how long it has been since you Go on LinkedIn and connect with your past asset managers.  Send notes about your move and new company.  They will remember what a great job you did for them (if you communicated with them instead of your partner).

REOs are down in my area, PNW, because equities are up, but many foreclosures that were rescinded as trustee sales are now trickling through our judicial system.

Other areas still have a lot of inventory, but unless they have overflow, they are probably going to the agents the asset managers were dealing with in the past.

• you say that your previous company decreased the amount of REO properties they were doing, and you went and took over another brokerage?  if there really is no one doing those prior accounts, you should be able to talk to your asset managers and ask them to make an inquiry to see if your prior company is still handling them to the extent they were.  if not, maybe they will let you get your foot in.

whenever I want to expand my BPO/REO business, and I do more REO than BPO's, I google asset management companies, or REO listings, similar phrases to find new websites.  the reonetwork website has been a great resource for me, also, SPS/disposolutions and res.net.

maybe when their E&O expires the door will open, the conferences should help as well.

• You don't need to Google first. You can simply start with the list provided on this website near the top that says REO COMPANIES and click through the links provided by BPO AUTOMATION.

• You must be signed up as a paid member with Res.net, Dispo Solutions, iAgent, Altisource, Equator, Pyramid, and be sure you have a listing promoting yourself on the REONetwork. There are another dozen smaller sites with less inventory. Contact the vice president of your local banks and credit unions as they also have REO's as well.

• Hello Michael.  I have the premium accounts on Res, Dispo, and Equator.  I'm signed up with Altisource and Pyramid.  I'll look into iAgent.  I also have a REONetwork profile as well.  

I'll start contacting local banks on REO as well.

This reply was deleted.