RES.NET - Is it worth it?

Hello - Glad to be a part of the group and thanks for having me. I received a call from res.net yesterday "just letting me know" that they signed on a lot of new clients and because I was a past member they were offering me a discount of just $490/yr. I said that the last time I signed back up with the promise of new accounts I paid $700 and got nothing. I then asked if I could get a list of the "new companies" so I could review it and make my decision if I wanted to throw out another $500 for a hope and dream. The lady from res.net said she could not email me a list but she give me the following companies as "new to res.net" - Ditech (??), Carrington, NRes (??), Zoom, Green River and NationStar. Can anyone shed any light on if they think the res.net sign up is worth it and what other companies are actually using it? I have been in REO for 8 years, have had a few clients here and there that used it but I had decided to let a few of those companies go over the past few years and have not had a need for res.net. I appreciate the input. Thanks!

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• $700 a year for at least $10000 in commissions is a great return. But don't pay until you have a client that requires it at the same time you get their listing. Been a member since the beginning when it was free. I resisted the fees once it went over $400. 

• waste of $$, with that 700.00 you could have marketed yourself in your neighborhood and got some listings

• I received an assignment from a servicer for DiTech. I feel the only connection was RES.NET. Other assignments with RES.NET are probably because I am signed up with the servicer but they look for the agent who is already on RES.NET.

• Here is my take for years now, first I must say I have been on the AMP since after it was begun many years ago now. I recommend that folks stay on the free side until they get an REO then move right up to the AMP as it gives you the visibility you need. One sale pays for the subscription.

• Years ago I did great with RES.net.  I dropped it a few years ago.  Then they called and offered me a listing if I join again.  I did and it was a $40,000.00 listing that took 9 months to sell.  I get a call every few months but have not joined.  The overall REO market is down.  In the good old days getting 10 Fannie Mae's 3 o4 4 BOA's and a few others was a good month.  Now, if I get one I consider it a good month!

• My office said there was only one person that could do Fannie mas is that right? Ret.net is their main Fannie ma? Appreciate any info
  • Has anyone received an actual case with Equator lately?
    • That would be a separate discussion. This is about resnet.

• I signed up last November because I started with a new client that required it.  I have not received any new business and my 1 listing is $50k sales price.  So, unless I get at least 1 more decent listing it will not be worth the $700.

• I'm in Texas. Made over 30K through resnet last year with a $700 investment. That's not a bad return. Clients that found me thru Res.net were SAM, USRES, Phoenix, Dakota Asset Services and just recently Green River. It appears most outsourced companies utilize Resnet. Anyone had any luck with Equator. Nada for me in 2015. My 2 cents.
This reply was deleted.