Stay alive - Real estate 101

Real estate agent missing -

Police say that Crye-Leike Realtor Beverly Carter, 49, of Scott, Ark., was last heard from when she called her husband, Carl Carter, about 5:30 p.m. Sept. 25.

She reportedly told her husband she was going to show a foreclosed home at 14202 Old River Drive to a client she had not met before.

Click to enlarge

Pictured: Beverly Carter

The husband told police that he became concerned when by 9 p.m. his wife had not called. He drove to the site and found her brown Cadillac sport utility vehicle parked in the driveway with her purse inside it.

The door to the home at 140202 Old River Drive was open, he said.

Deputies investigating the case say that there was nothing apparently missing except for the door lock that real estate agents use for key.

"I just want my wife back," says Carter. To see his full interview with local Arkansas media, click here.  

According to local news reports, Sheriff’s investigators roped off the driveway to the home Carter was showing and a crime scene vehicle sat at the very front of the driveway Friday morning. Carter's SUV was parked farther down outside the home with police evidence markers set on the ground near it.

North Little Rock area real estate agents have volunteered for search efforts and have been blanketing the area, looking for information or evidence, and passing out fliers with information about Carter.

"It's a reality check actually to make sure people know where we are and who we are showing property to," says Carter's fellow realtor, Staci Medlock. 

Realtors from the immediate and surrounding areas met first thing Friday to coordinate their efforts, local press reports say.

Beverly Carter was last seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt and red shorts.

Those with information on her whereabouts are urged to call the Pulaski County sheriff’s office’s 24-hour communications number, (501) 340-6963; its criminal investigations division, (501) 340-6940; or the central Arkansas CrimeStoppers tip line, (501) 340-8477.

Folks - especially females - GET YOUR CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT AND CARRY A PISTOL IN YOUR PURSE AT ALL TIMES. NEVER MEET ANYONE AT A LOCATION - EVEN IF YOUKNOW THEM. MEET AT THE OFFICE OR MCDONALDS, OR  HARDWARE STOE, ANYHERE THAT THE MEET WILL BE SEEN BY PEOPLE.

I think we all how this will end.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• http://reopro.ning.com/profiles/blogs/preapproval-letters-a-securit...

Preapproval Letters, A Security Measure for Realtors
    Preapproval Letters, A Security Measure for Realtors It’s about 10:30 am and the phone rings, it’s a potential buyer for a property I just listed. He…
    • Hi Jesus - Excellent idea. Why did I not think about that. Old people think sloooooowly. LOL

• Sadly, Beverly Carter's body has been found. Not only is this very sad news, but it has shaken me a bit. I do try to be careful and always let someone know where I will be & who I will be with, but that's not always enough. When you've been doing this for a while with no problems, it's easy to let your guard down. Unfortunately, there are some very bad people out there just waiting for an opportunity to hurt someone. I recently had a potential customer wanting me to show them a foreclosure I had listed, but when they called, they blocked their number from my caller id, so I didn't answer. They would only give their first name and an email address when they left a voicemail.  Even when I emailed them requesting their full name & a phone number, they would not provide the information. I declined to show them the property. No potential sale is worth taking a risk with my life. I have too many people counting on me to be around for a while.

My fellow agents, please be careful. What happened to Beverly Carter could happen to any of us.

• Cindy, could you please let me know how Beverly died. I am realtor from California and this is very, very sad.

Thank you,

Arthur Francis

• Hi Arthur - I am not Cindy. I am Marvin Shelley and live in another part of the state, The police have not released the cause of death.

Neither have they said why they suspected the guy at the scene of a one vehicle wreck, nor have they said how they knew where she was buried. Police said that the suspect did not ell them where the body was.

All of this must be included in a sworn affidavit tto get a warrant, but the court has sealed that affidavit.

• You are absolutely right. Women --- we must be extra careful from now. I'm sadden for Beverly lost. :(
This reply was deleted.