Agents often ask me what it takes to be a successful real estate agent and I have come up with a list of what helped me become #1 in listings, sales and AGC in my former office. Here is what is crucial to having a successful career:
1) Close On Time-Close of Escrow means it has to be funded and recorded by that date. It is not a target date!
2) Easy To Work With-Be accessible to your clients and make them feel comfortable enough to contact you with any questions or concerns. It is better to answer too many questions than to lose their business and family/friends business to someone else who doesn't mind taking the time to help them!
3) Keep Your Promises-Don't promise something you can't deliver. I.E. set an appointment and be late or don't show up without calling parties concerned; say you're going to call at a certain time or day and don't call at the accorded time or date. If you don't do what you say your clients/business partners will lose their trust in you and go somewhere else!
4) Communicate Well-Make sure the client understands everything and tell them what to expect so there won't be any surprises. I.E. PITI monthly payment, interest rate, type of loan, how much money they need for their closing costs and/or down payment, explain different options and what/why it's best for their current situation, when they can expect to move into their new home, when they need to vacate the home they're selling, when they should hook up their utilities, when they can expect to receive funds of a sale, when they have to provide funds for the down payment and/or closing costs. Stay in contact for future business and referrals!
5) Meet Deadlines-Make sure any inspections, walk-thru, appraisal, recording and funding is done per contract or on a timely basis to close on time. It's better to be prepared and organized then to make excuses!
6) Enjoyed Working Together-When the transaction is done the client needs to know, without a doubt, they had the best team (Realtor, loan officer, inspector, appraiser and escrow officer, financial planner, etc.), working for them. Leave a lasting impression so they will tell everyone they know!
7) Stay In Touch-Set up a follow up plan to stay in touch to help with anything that comes up and for future referrals. A satisfied client is the best and most inexpensive form of marketing and/or advertising!
7) Be Loyal- Send referrals to your business partners and highly recommend them to clients. Divided we fall together we stand! Now you know and knowing is half the battle. Tojours Pret!!!!