Summer means fun in the sun. This time kids are out of school, adults are going on vacations and it's time for outdoor activities like visiting amusement parks, riding bikes and parties and much more.
Tips to enjoy the summer:
- Let natural air coming-in to your home. Open your windows during day time. If you don’t have plan yet for vacation, still, you can enjoy the summer season, have your breakfast or lunch be held outdoors, maybe in your patio area, in your backyard or have some home picnic.
- Don’t forget to drink plenty of water; your body needs it to prevent dehydration during hot days. And to maintain your energy level; focus on carbohydrates, vegetables and instead of plain water you can also take watery fruits.
- If you or your family member has respiratory problems, such as asthma, watch the air quality report for the day, sometimes poor air can be a risk to a sick person. Or ask for an advice of doctors what to do and what to avoid during summer. Plus, don't forget to prepare and take medicines or an inhaler.
Remember, don't store medicines in high heat and humidity; it can alter the potency of many drugs.
- Wear appropriate attire during summer season. Wear light, loose-fitting clothing to help you stay cooler. If you're doing a lot household chores, gardening, walking or other sports activities; choose a good and comfortable pair of shoes, slipper or sandals.
- Take a rest. Yes, you probably notice you had a little work but more sweat you gain, but don't push beyond your physical limits. At intervals, sit in a shady spot.
- Take cover. Sunburn is painful and unhealthy. Use a good sunscreen, and re-apply it frequently during the day. Also, if you have plan to going outside wear a hat to keep cool and don't forget sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun's UV rays.
Above all, give yourself the time to truly experience the nature. This can happen, even in a city park or if you don’t want to go far from your home, you can enjoy and relax to your own surroundings, in your home yards. When travelling, take activities for the family and your first aid kit for insect bites and injuries. Check for ticks after your hikes. Watch for overexposure, take time in the shade, and drink your water.
Download my app today! Text RE911 to 87778 to get my free real estate app, . If you need help downloading my app, please call my Smarter Agent support team at 856-614-5423.