America's Largest Social Network for Default Real Estate Professionals
This was not a terrible week for me with short sales. In fact, it was pretty good. Here's the summary:
1. Closed a Menlo Park Short Sale with Bank of America, I represented the buyer. It was smooth, and took 3 months start to finish.
2. Another buyer is buying a short sale in Sunnyvale. The file had been lost in bowls of HAFA, (government assisted short sales), but the listing agent managed to find it, get it back to a tradional sale, and we are waiting for a negotiator to be assigned. we are 6 weeks into it.
3. My Menlo Park Short Sale Listing with Chase has been in and out of escrow 4 times now. the investor for Chase wants more money than the house is worth based in its condition. After being with the latest negotiator 6 weeks we got another response from the investor asking for more money now than what they approved last time. The buyer has now agreed to the previously approved price and we are waiting to hear back from teh negotiator.
4. My Santa Clara Short Sale Listing was submitted 5 weeks ago. It finally got a negotiator this week.
So all in all it has not been a bad week. Short sales are still long, and can have problems, but all in all there are a lot of yeses so they are worth pursuing if you can not keep your home and want to avoid foreclosure.
If you have any questions about short sales in Santa Clara or San Mateo County please feel free to contact me.
Keller Williams Realty
Federal Government Disclaimer (MARS):
1. You may stop doing business with us at any time. You may accept or reject the offer of mortgage assistance we obtain from your lender [or servicer]. If you reject the offer, you do not have to pay us. If you accept the offer, you will have to pay us commission as agreed to in listing contract for our services.
2. Marcy Moyer of Keller Williams Realty is not associated with the government, and our service is not approved by the government or your lender; and
3. Even if you accept this offer and use our service, your lender may not agree to change your loan.
Marcy Moyer Keller Williams Realty Palo Alto, Ca. Specialist in Trust and Probate Sales